Parr Richey would like to congratulate John Kinney for being honored in the 2018 edition of the Illinois Best Lawyers Magazine. John was chosen for his work in antitrust law.
Partners Kent Frandsen, Paul Kruse, Jim Buddenbaum, and Tony Patterson have been honored in the 2018 Indianapolis Monthly Magazine's Indiana Super Lawyers Issue. Kent Frandsen was chosen for his work in Civil Litigation, and Jim Buddenbaum was chosen for his work in Business & Corporate Law. Paul Kruse and Tony Patterson were chosen for their work in Personal Injury Litigation. Tony Patterson was named as one of the Top 50 overall attorneys in the State of Indiana and is one of only seventeen Indiana attorneys to earn this distinction for the past seven years in a row.
Partner John McLaughlin has been honored in the 2018 Indianapolis Monthly Magazine's Indiana Super Lawyers Issue. Mr. McLaughlin was chosen as a Rising Star for his work in Personal Injury Litigation. John has received this award from 2013 through 2018. This designation is limited to 2.5% of Indiana attorneys 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less.
Parr Richey Frandsen Patterson Kruse, LLP is proud to be a platinum sponsor of the 1st annual Women IN Energy Conference. Partner Erin Borissov served on the planning committee and was an MC for the event.
The Utility Law Section of Parr Richey hosted a CLE Seminar on October 20, 2017. Attorneys presented on topics of their choice:
- James A.L. Buddenbaum, Partner - Contractual Indemnification for Rural Electric Cooperatives
- Erin C. Borissov, Partner - New State Legislation Affecting Electric Utilities
- Aleasha J. Boling, Associate - REMC Mergers
- Jeremy L. Fetty, Partner - Dealing with Bankrupt Members; Railroad Right-Of-Way Update
- J. Michael Deweese, Associate - Litigation Holds (Ethics Portion of CLE)
- Kent M. Frandsen, Partner - REMC Director Elections and Campaigning Issues
- Michael L. Schultz, Partner - Appropriate Insurance Coverage for REMCs and Insurance Requirements for Contractors/Vendors
- Liane K. Steffes, Associate - Withdrawn Rural Electric Cooperative Access to Member Meetings
Parr Richey Frandsen Patterson Kruse attorneys, Tony Patterson, along with attorneys, Scott Montross and John Muller, obtained a $18,500,000 personal injury jury verdict on behalf of their client this week in Hendricks County (Indiana) Circuit Court against Werner Enterprises and its semi-truck driver. Parr Richey represented a seriously injured driver who was involved in a crash with a semi-truck. Werner, the trucking company, had denied any fault or wrongdoing on behalf of its truck driver. The jury trial lasted seven days.
John McLaughlin was recently selected to join The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 as a Civil Plaintiff's attorney for the State of Indiana.